Great places to walk, Parks Victoria
Parks Victoria look after some of the best spaces for walking in Victoria. Parks Victoria is an independent statutory authority and its role is to protect, conserve and enhance Victoria’s parks and waterways on behalf of all Victorians.
Walking tracks (Parks Victoria)
Here’s a guide to walks you can do on land managed by Parks Victoria with handy maps and photographs curated by us at our walkingmaps.com.au page.
Click on the name of the walk in the list below to see the map. Share this page with your friends and follow our Facebook page or subscribe to our monthly newsletter for more great walking ideas.
- Plenty Gorge Walk, South Morang (north east)
- Warrandyte State Park - Blue Tongue Bend (north east)
- Lysterfield Park (south east)
- Jells Park Walk, Wheelers Hill (east, south east)
- Maroondah Reservoir Park walk (east)
- Kurth Kiln Walk, Kurth Kiln Regional Park Gembrook (outer east)
North and West
- Brimbank Park Nature Trail (north, north west)
GREATER GEELONG (75 kms south-west of Melbourne)
- Barwon River Walk
- Brisbane Ranges
- You Yangs East-West walk
- You Yangs Big Rock Walk
- Edwards Point walk, Swan Bay, St Leonards
MOOROOLBOOL AREA (45 minutes west of Melbourne)
CARDINIA AREA (Melbourne’s eastern fringe)
- Button Grass Walk, Bunyip State Park Tonimbuk
- Tarra-Bulga National Park
- Stringybark Ridge Track - Morwell National Park
- Fosters Gully Nature Trail - Morwell National Park
WILSON’S PROMONTORY NATIONAL PARK (southernmost tip of Victoria, Gippsland)
- Loo-Errn Track
- Tidal River to Squeaky Beach return
- Fairy Cove from Dary River (6km return)
- Mt Bishop Summit Walk return
- Tidal River to Refuge Cove overnight hike
- Lilly Pilly Gully loop walk
- Darby Saddle to Darby River via Tounge Point
THE GRAMPIANS (far north west)
GREAT OTWAY NATIONAL PARK (south west)
- Crayfish Bay circuit walk
- Maits Rest rainforest walk
- Lake Elizabeth
- Great Ocean Walk - Blanket Bay to Cape Otway lighthouse
- Great Ocean Walk - Elliot River to Apollo Bay
- Cora Lynn Cascades Waterfall Walk
- For a list of all the parks managed by Parks Victoria, head here.
- For maps of parks produced by Parks Victoria, head here.
- For general information on walking and Parks Victoria, head here.
- For dog-friendly Parks Victoria walks, head here.
- More dog-friendly walk ideas here.
- Changed conditions: Is the park currently affected by fire, flood or other? Check this page
- Planned burns: Is your walk subject to a planned burn by park managers? FFM link to check