NEW GTAV Resource for VCAL
VCAL strand: Personal Development Skills
The Geography Teachers' Association of Victoria, in association with Victoria Walks, has produced a new unit for VCAL Strand Personal Development Skills, Intermediate Unit 1.
Students will develop knowledge specific to the personal health and wellbeing of people by participating in a series of activities that relate to walkability within their local community. Students will research walkability on the Victoria Walks website, develop, create and publish on the Walking Maps website, complete a walking audit for their Walking Map and then take appropriate action to improve walkability for members of the community who use their Walking Map.
- Download ALL activity sheets (PDF)
- Activity Sheet 1 - What is walkability?
- Activity Sheet 2 - What are the advantages of living in a walkable community?
- Activity Sheet 3 - Record of brainstorm ideas
- Activity Sheet 4 - Personal Development Participation Log
- Activity Sheet 5 - Walking map evaluation form
- Activity Sheet 6 - PMI analysis of two walking maps
- Activity Sheet 7 - SWOT analysis
- Activity Sheet 8 - Record of the transferable knowledge and skills gained from participation in this project
- Activity Sheet 9 - Time management
- Activity Sheet 10 - Personal skills used to complete the walking map
- Activity Sheet 11 - Leadership skills and responsibilities
- Activity Sheet 12 - Identify the characteristics of effective communication from the Victoria Walks websites